Wednesday 13 August 2008

time's a-wastin'

the cooler nights of august seem to have arrived.
pretty quickly, i might add.

luckily it's still light out when i go to work for 6. there isn't much longer to enjoy that.
thinking about summer, i feel as tho i've wasted it all. sure, i've basked in the sun on my balcony with drinks and my boyfriend. i've even spent a few hours in the rain reading, safe from the drops. i've walked around downtown in a summery dress and shopped, ate in the park with a book, chilled around a pool once with drinks and meat.
where's the *real* summer, like those beer commercials promise? boating on a lake with 100's of your closest (and probably annoying) friends, bozzin' it up at the cottage, jet skiing and playing frizbee?
hell, i haven't had a summer like that since i was a kid. i remember renting a waterfront cottage on elliot lake with my cousins. my dad bbq'ing every chance he got, even eggs for breakfast on the griddle attachment. watching movies, staying up late and sleeping in sleeping bags on the floor.
those were the days. being a kid in the summer was the best.

now, i feel so much pressure from those same memories to do that for the rest of my life. i don't know 100's of people, anyone with a cottage or a boat.
life just sort of carries on, summer or no summer. there's days nicer and warmer than others, but work still seems to engulf my life and somehow give it no meaning. don't get me wrong, i enjoy my work. cooking makes me happy. it's the 'routine' that gets me down.

i miss living my life by knowing that the school year starts in september, january was exams, march was march break and then june was summer vacation.
work is so dull and gives you nothing to look forward to, except payday every second week.

0 comments: