Friday 5 September 2008

i haven't been busy..





but i embroidered these pillowcases for my cousin's wedding.
kinda his & hers type deal.
metallic thread is my mortal enemy. it gives everthing a bit of sparkle.
call me a rebel, but, i refuse to buy people stuff that they ask for. i actaully find it a bit rude and presumptious. it's always so expensive and stuff so prissy that i'm sure they won't even need it.
when/if i get married, i'm resgistering at my tattoo parlor, i want gift cards to really expensive restaurants & a trip to europe. that's it. simple.
it's probably not martha stewart proper, but i could care less. they've already been living together for a few years.
the pattern is from Sublime stitching- stitch it kit. black, blue & red floss and a bit of sparkle with metallic floss too.


on an nostalgic note:
yesterday i was at work with the radio on. it's a 'work friendly' all crap kinda station, but sometimes they play some ok songs. anyways, i was working away and heard 'foolish games' by Jewel. it brought me back to college and a guy i was dating. his name (for reals) was Starr. he was a total babe but acted child in a strange way. it's hard to explain. he was kind of an enigma. i didn't get to know the 'real' him. it was always like he was putting on a show or someothing. i was always thinking he was cheating on me or something. i actually wish that i wasn't so crazy jealous back then, because i think he might have been 'the one who got away'.
i kinda of miss him and wonder what he's up to now.
...i'm going to look for him on facebook...

3 comments:

Brook said...

hahaha thats funny about your ex... facebook and myspace are my ENEMY... I hate talking to people I "used" to know... if i see them shopping or something I normally hide just because i hate the fake " HHHHHHHHIIIIII what have you been doing?" bullshit... does that make me anti-social? I think so... GOOD.

frenzykat said...

i found him on facebook!
he's married and has 2 kids. (the wife's not so hot..he's almost kinda the same looking)
you're not anti-social, you're just happy with with what you've got now and not living in the past as much as i do, i suppose.
i like finding old friends and such. i hate that they all look the same and i gained so mu weight. grr.

Rachel said...

thanks for the complimnet, lady! i dig these pillow cases sooo much!